So, you’ve spent an unholy amount of time developing, building, and perfecting your app and now, you’re ready to publish it on an app store.
Firstly, congrats! This is a massive achievement.
Although you may know what’s next, what you might not know is that the next step is where sometimes even the greatest apps can fail! So many developers underestimate the importance of talking about their work and that it’s equally important to get this right for both iOS and Android apps.
Simply sending your app live on an app store isn’t enough to maximise downloads. You also need a great app description to help persuade people to download the application you’ve spent so much time developing.
Don’t worry if you don’t know where to start, we’re here to help Even if you’ve already written a description, this guide will help improve what you’ve got for the better.
So, here are our top tips on how to write a great app store description:
Begin as you mean to go on
When people arrive on your app store page, they will only see a few small bits of information. One of these is the first 3 lines of your description. This is why the beginning of the description is so important because people viewing your app will only get more info if they ask for it. You can spend all the time in the world writing a groundbreaking, award-winning description, but it will never get read if you don’t entice readers to find out more.
Your introduction should do the following:
- Provide a strong reason to download the app.
- Clearly explain what the app is and the problem it will solve for users.
- Intrigue them enough that they will want to read more about the application.
Achieving all of this in three sentences might seem like a daunting task, so try to focus on achieving at least two of these if you’re struggling.
Provide the required information
For apps to be published on the store, there are certain pieces of information that you are required to provide For example, if there are in-app purchases or subscriptions, these need to be clearly listed and explained.
We also recommend including the links to where users can get support and where to find any terms and conditions or privacy information.
Don’t be a robot
When writing your description, it’s easy to think that all you need to do is fill your description with as many keywords as possible. Surely this will help users find your app, which is all that matters right? Wrong.
Whilst keywords are important, they shouldn’t be your only focus. Filling a description will nonsense words will not only annoy people reading it, but it will also create a sense of distrust and scare people away from downloading your app.
Don’t be afraid to use emotions! Use them to create a sense of excitement and urgency to download your app. Think of your user and how your app can enrich their life. Is it a source of escape after a long day? A way to connect with family friends? Does it give users the key to unlocking their productivity? Is it a tool to manage their finances and build wealth for their future?
See what we did here, we use highly emotive sentences that focus on the user and their needs. An app that does any one of the above things sounds pretty good, right?
Keep it up to date
Part of your app page will be a review page, where users can say pretty much whatever they like. Here is where you’ll find the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of every app. An app with only good reviews comes across as untrustworthy – nobody’s perfect. On the other side of this, an app with only negative reviews will only be ignored. The goal is a majority of positives, as negative reviews are almost unavoidable.
When it comes to negative reviews, remember:
Negative reviews are only as damaging as the response they receive.
If there is a consistent point of feedback that you’re receiving, address it in your app description. This will show future users that you are about them and that goes a long way towards building trust and can nullify negative reviews.
You should also include what the latest update in your app has fixed and any new features it may include!
Don’t let all the hard work of developing your app go to waste. Follow these tips, and you’ll have a great app store description that will encourage new users to download and use your app. If you’re looking for help with Android and iOS app development, depend on the team at Zudu.
- Android App Developers UK
- Android App Development Company In UK
- Android App Development Company UK
- Android App Development Edinburgh
- Android App Development In UK
- Android App Development UK
- App Developers Edinburgh
- App Developers Glasgow
- App Developers London
- App Developers Scotland
- App Developers UK
- App Development Companies In UK
- App Development Companies UK
- App Development Edinburgh
- App Development Glasgow
- App Development Scotland
- App Development UK
- App Requirements Questionnaire
- Best App Developers
- Best App Developers UK
- Best UK App Developers
- Digital Health Check
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing in China
- Enterprise App Development UK
- Find An App Developer
- Go Global
- Internet of Things
- iOS App Development Companies In UK
- iOS App Development Scotland
- iPhone App Developers UK
- iPhone App Development UK
- London Mobile App Developers
- Looking For App Developer
- Mobile App Developer Edinburgh
- Mobile App Developer Glasgow
- Mobile App Developers Dundee
- Mobile App Developers Scotland
- Mobile App Developers UK
- Mobile App Development Company In UK
- Mobile App Development Company UK
- Mobile App Development Edinburgh
- Mobile App Development Glasgow
- Mobile App Development In UK
- Mobile App Development Scotland
- Mobile App Development UK
- Project Planner
- Salesforce Developers
- Success Page
- Top App Developers UK
- Top App Development Companies UK
- Top Mobile App Developers UK
- Top UK App Developers
- UK App Developers
- UK App Development Companies
- UK Mobile App Developers
- Web Application Development Glasgow
- Web Application Development London
- Web Application Development UK
- Website Design Dundee
- Website Design Edinburgh
- Website Design Glasgow
To Keep up to date with Zudu, subscribe to get news, updates and offers straight into to your inbox.