Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Modern Slavery Act 2015
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.
Zudu is committed to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015
Our policies on slavery and human trafficking
Zudu is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
In light of the obligation to report on measures to ensure that all parts of our business and supply chain are slavery free we have put in place a designated Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.
Our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy demonstrate our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we have in place:
Human Resource procedures
• A comprehensive range of policies and practices have been applied including an Equality and Diversity Statement, Dignity at Work and Study, formal grievance and disciplinary policies to protect and ensure that staff rights and responsibilities are upheld.
• Regarding pay, Zudu uses the national single pay spine structure and has safeguards to ensure that the hourly rate of staff not fall below the current Living Wage.
• Engage with our supplier base.
• Identify and monitor potential risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains.
• Incorporate within the tender process to address slavery and human trafficking with potential new suppliers.
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
We have built upon existing monitoring already in place and developed further processes to allow for more effective reporting in the longer term.